Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Steely Knives

I think it's official; the nipple piercing thing is a bust--pun most definitely intended. I got them done about two and a half, three years ago because Luke's got a thing for piercings and I figured the nipples were a good place; they're not visible to the general public, they've got a sexual connotation, and most importantly they were not my clit, which is what he was lobbying for. No, no, a thousand times no.

They never healed right in the first place; I don't know if it was my fault for not doing the right care or if I was just unlucky. Then, about 18 months after the piercing, I noticed that the right one was not producing crud anymore but that I could see the ring through the skin. And a few weeks later the last little bit of skin broke and the ring dropped out. Annoying as hell, being lopsided.

The other one stayed in, though still occasionally cruddy or bloody, but about three weeks ago I observed that it too has gotten much closer to the surface, a process which has continued. I think it's got about another month before it goes; I'd take it out myself but I'm afraid of getting an abcess so I'm thinking of letting nature take its course.

Ah well, at least we'll be able to use the nipple clamps again.

No comments: